Ts Dist

Telangana is the 29th state of India, formed on the 2nd of June 2014. With the geographical area of 1,12,077 sq. kms and population of 3.5 crore, as per 2011 census, Telangana is the 12th largest State in terms of both area and population in India. The State is geographically bordered by the Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh to the North, Karnataka to the west and Andhra Pradesh to the south, east and north east. The State is strategically located in the Deccan plateau region and situated in the middle of the country.

The people of the State are predominantly residing in rural areas, as 61.12 percent of the total population lives in villages and the rest of 38.88 percent are residing in urban areas. The female -male sex ratio for the State is 988, according to 2011 Census. The overall growth of total population during the decade 2001 to 2011 is 13.58 percent as against the national growth of 17.7 percent. The growth of the population in urban areas has been witnessing a significant increase, resulting in Telangana becoming one of the fastest urbanizing States in the country. Urban population in the State grew by 38.12% during the decade 2001 to 2011, as compared with 25.13% in the preceding decade. In sharp contrast, rural population in the State grew by a modest 2.13% as per the 2011 census. Around 30% of total urban population in the State is residing in the capital city of Hyderabad alone.

To know more about the state, click here.

Telangana

ts dIST

Geographical Area: 112 Lakhs km²
Population (2011 Census): 3.5 crores
Density: 312 Pop/sq.km
Growth Rate: 13.58%
Rural: 61.12%
Urban: 38.88%
Male: 1.76 crores
Female: 1.74 crores
Sex Ratio: 988 (Female : Male)
Literacy: 66.54%
Forest Area: 24%